The Girl Guides NT state camp – honeyANTics 2014was a resounding success, despite the rain. Who would have guessed we would be washed out and have to move campsites after a summer of very little rainfall.
There were over 80 Girl Guides and 21 leaders at the camp, with 14 of our younger Guides joining us for an overnight stay on Friday night and parents helping throughout the camp.
The local Girl Scout Troup 330 also joined us at camp.
Thank you to everyone who made the camp a resounding success, including:
· Funding; Northern Territory Government - Community Benefit Fund, Small Grants Program, for $5,000 toward a Leadership Development Camp grant.
· Camp Setup; Scott Allen, Denis Puckett, Georg Winter, Chris Johnstone, Matthew Somerville, Peter Somerville, Army Cadets
· Risk Management; Tony Spencer
· Canoe specialists from Victoria; Eileen Gunther, Barb Grove
· Wide Game; Cheryl Flynn and family
· Other helpers; Louise Clark, Rosemary Packham, Mandy Puckett, Linda Reynolds, Arizona Winter, Fiona & Pieter Bosch, Ray Rowe, Ian Mann, Connor Winter, Alice Springs Scout Group.
A very big thank you to all the Leaders for many months of planning and lots of hard work to prepare for the week’s events, esp with the relocation of camp venue due to the weather.
Other photo’s and more info can be found on the Girl Guides NT website
By; Sue Ride